The ambassadors of the Allen Philharmonic, share the common goal of enhancing the arts in our community through their support of our musical programs, outreach efforts, and social events. Membership is committed to reaching out in the community to find others who have the same passion for the arts and want to be involved in our organization.
Annual dues of $25.00 are used to support our Holiday Poinsettia Outreach, 1 in 8 Orchestras Feeding America program, the Roger & Ella Jo Adams Concerto Competition, and our Third Grade Youth Concert Program.
The Allen Philharmonic also welcomes the assistance of students who need volunteer service hours for their respective programs
We hope you will join us this season!
- Concert Evening Help includes Will Call Ticket Pickup, Ushers, Intermission Refreshments, and Water for our musicians.
- Holiday Poinsettia Outreach is hosted on the first Tuesday of December each year. Friends of Note volunteers deliver poinsettias to Allen Community Outreach for distribution to Meals on Wheels clientele and other facilities in our community.
- 1 in 8 Orchestras Feeding America is an annual food drive for area food banks. The food is collected at various locations in the month of March and distributed to local food pantries here in Allen.
- Concerto Competition Volunteers are needed for the annual Roger & Ella Jo Adams Concerto Competition. Volunteers work with the contestants and judges, usher at the competition, and assist the staff as other needs arise during the competition.
- Guest Artist Hospitality varies with each guest artist. Assistance can include picking up and dropping off the artist at rehearsal and performance, providing the presentation bouquets at the concert, preparing the green room for our guest, and helping with other needs the artist may have.
- Special Events Help is for fund raising projects the Allen Philharmonic will host throughout the season. It can include planning and implementing the fundraiser or providing support on the day of the event.
- Ushers for the Third Grade Youth Concert are a wonderful way to interact with our very special patrons on that day. Volunteers provide Program Notes and escort the classes to their arranged seats. All volunteers must have an approved background check from the Allen ISD on file with the Allen Philharmonic prior to ushering on that date.
- Office Help is necessary throughout the concert season for e-mail blasts, invitations, filing, telephone help, concert readiness, etc. The expertise of our volunteers is invaluable in helping us keep the costs of our productions at their very lowest to enable our organization to provide the very best in programming.