The Allen Symphony Chorus is a diverse group of singers from Allen and surrounding communities dedicated to the challenge of performing works by major composers. The performances are typically with the Allen Philharmonic Orchestra, or intimate performances in our community with music from contemporary composers.
Allen Symphony Chorus
The Allen Symphony Chorus are:
Rusty King, Director
Larry Collins, Assistant Director
Chris Brunt, Accompanist
Soprano: Christine Allen, Lisa Black, Cyndi Darland, Sarah Deerman, Ellen Gilbert, Sandra Leonard, Alena Oglesbee, Doris Ostroski, Alice Payn, Emily Schroeter, Ruth Swingle, Amanda Wallace
Alto: Carol Dismukes, Caran Eldridge, Tiffany Eldridge, Kathy Guttierrez, Courtney Lacey, Colleen Lenz, Patti Malone, Mary Ann Owens, Julie Preston, Tommie Randall, Marion Runyan, Kim Singleton, Sharon Swenson, Bobbe Thompson, Mary Lou Workman
Tenor: Chris Brunt, Joseph Bush, Doug Chandler, Laurie Kelley, Randy Sandifer, Laurie Sweet, Ralph Thompson
Bass: Pete Brewer, Gary Coffman, Ken Conway, Larry Collins, Joel Fisher, Ken Foley, Richard Garlington, Tom Hosack, Henry Lessner, Doug Miller, James Miller, Tom Puhala, Ben Shinn, Doug Smetzer, Dennie Swingle
If you love to sing, please don’t hesitate to join the Allen Symphony Chorus. We are recruiting voices in all vocal ranges, and have openings for all voice parts, soprano, alto, tenor and bass. You do not have to be a citizen of Allen Texas to be a member of the Allen Symphony Chorus. We look forward to having you!
Regular rehearsals are held on Monday evenings from 7:00-9:00 pm at First United Methodist Church of Allen located at 601 S. Greenville Avenue. Additional rehearsals with the orchestra are held the week of our performance dates and on the morning of the spring concert. The rehearsals are under the direction of Choral Director, Rusty King. Rusty King can be reached by calling 972-672-8140 or by submitting the Chorus Contact form. Membership dues for the season is $150.
- Audition times will be on Mondays between 6:30 and 6:55, by appointment
- Communicate your interest in auditioning by contacting the director of the chorus, Rusty King, via the Chorus Contact form. Request an audition time in the message area.
- Prepare 2 pieces ahead of time. Bring a copy for yourself, and a copy for the accompanist, to the audition
- The audition itself will include your two selections, testing your vocal range, and reviewing the chorus covenant and calendar
- Show up 15 minutes prior to your audition appointment